Thursday, July 17, 2008

OOZED at Camp


That's me getting OOZED at camp this past week. Our theme this year is "OOZE Cruise" - where we are cruising through Paul's missionary journeys...sailing the "7 Cs". It is pretty cool. I had a blast during Week #1. I thought I would make it the whole week without being OOZED. It was up to the kids to nominate leaders to be oozed. Every morning they would get nomination slips and each camper would nominate a leader of their choice. Then, all the slips went into a bucket. We would spin the bucket and choose 8 names. Those 8 names would get 8 different colored hats. The different colored hats represented the 8 colors on the wheel. We would spin the wheel and whatever color it landed on was the person who got oozed. If your name was drawn more than once, then you got multiple hats. Wednesday at lunch I ended up wearing 5 different hats. The entire boys dorm ganged up on me and every single boy at the camp voted for me. Lovely little boogers. Needless to say, the odds were in my favor and I got OOZED in the OOZINATOR! It was slimy, chunky & cold. Yummy! Pistachio pudding...slightly watered down. I don't think I'll ever eat pistachio pudding again after this year's camp. :)
On a brighter note...15 kids gave their life to Christ by the end of the week!! 10 were baptized at camp and 5 will soon follow at church. Amazing week!

1 comment:

khoffman said...

Hi Sara,
I just viewed your very hilarious wedding dance on YouTube. I loved it, and am interested in doing a fun dance like that for my own wedding on Aug. 30, 2008. I'm wondering if there is anyway you can send me a copy of your misc. CD. I have no idea how to create one on my own. I would really appreciate it, and am willing to pay for a copy. You can respond to me at my email: kristinmhoffman@hotmail.com
Thanks so much, Kristin Hoffman