Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Taxes

Uncle Sam will be happy...I finally got my tax returns done and in the mail today!!
This was quite the process for me this year. Normally, I give my W2s to my parents, throw in $ for fees and say "see ya lata...and don't forget to put my return check in the mail"! Well, this year, I decided to do it the so-called "easy way" and do them myself on Turbo Tax. I learned I know nothing when it comes to taxes, big financial words, or anything of the sort. I'm a moron! Karla walked me through step by step on my federal stuff and then of course since I lived in 2 different states this year, I had to fill out 2 Part-Time Resident State forms (which I couldn't do on Turbo Tax without paying through the nose)...confusing to high heaven if you ask me!! So that's where I pulled my friend Stevey aside and said "I'll treat you to Texas Roadhouse if you help me with my state taxes!" (So in reality, I'm still paying someone to do my taxes...so what have I gained from this go-round??) Well, at least we finished em - thank Jesus!

Lesson learned...the "easy way" is not so easy for me. Next year, H & R Block may be getting a call from me:)

No comments: