Monday, September 11, 2006

He's Back!!

Well, I have successfully made it back from South Carolina with my boyfriend and all my luggage! We had a wonderful time together, although it went way too fast. Wednesday evening, I met him at his apartment, dressed and ready for the banquet we were attending. He opened the door and both of our faces lit up. He was dressed in his fancy pants army suit and looking mighty handsome. We went to the event and I met some pretty important people, ate some good food, got our picture taken and met a girl with the same dress on as me. To make matters even more awkward, we sat at the same table...how special!! I felt like I was at prom:)

Thursday, I watched movies all day while he was in class and planned a special dinner for him...
Friday, I met him for graduation and watched proudly as he walked across the stage to receive his special award. He won the "Distinguished Honor Graduate" award - basically, he was named the valedictorian of his class. To make it even more special, he was the youngest in his class!! He received special recognition during the ceremony and also received two special coins from top ranking officers...one was a 2-star general, the Chief of Chaplains!! Wow!! I was introduced to this incredible man and many more that day. Very proud of my man:)

He'll be back in Louisville on Wednesday of this week and it will be good to finally have him back!! I'll post some pics when he emails them to me!

4 comments:

Angie said...

So happy for you Sara!!! I can't wait to see pictures!! Oh and I'm sure you looked much more beautiful in your dress than the other girl!!hehe!! Remindes me of Jr./Sr. when Nicole and I wore the same dress!! Ah Enjoy having him back with you!!!

Madonna said...

That "fancy pants army suit" you were talking about is called Class A's.

At any rate, I'm not at all suprised to hear about Max's honors. Sounds like the Max we all know and love.

We're happy to hear Max is back. Madonna will be excited to have her couple friend back.

ret said...

Ditto to what Angie said :) Glad you had a great time and you're so very happy Sara :) Love you!

Misty said...

Sure wish I could meet his fella. He must be pretty special! :)