Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Exciting Week Ahead!

So I think with all this worrying I have developed an ulcer! I think the last post was telling about the upcoming phone interview with Southeast CC and since then, I have had the conversation with the lady from Human Resources. It went okay in my opinion. I didn't walk away feeling really confident about the whole thing, but rather really overwhelmed! She told me the reality side of being a part of a church body of 18,000 people and truthfully it scared me. I started to rethink and doubt, but then kicked myself in the pants and said 'get over it...it would be a great opportunity!" A few days later Steve Young, the elementary director guy, calls me back and sets up a time with me to meet the staff team. So, I am heading out to Louisville tomorrow to meet with them Friday morning for breakfast!! Then, after breakfast, Steve will take me back for a tour of the church and for a more "formal- sit down" time to chat. I am praying that the staff team and I will have great chemistry.

Another awesome God thing just happened as I was in the midst of typing this entry...
The place we were staying in Kentucky on Thursday night fell through about 30 minutes ago. I tried to hook us up with another place to stay, but that was a dead end too. I was down and out thinking I was going to have to cancel my interview and find another time to go down when I would have more time to meet with them. So I called Steve back at Southeast and told him my sob story and that we didn't have a place to stay. He replies, "you guys can stay with me, it will be great! I have a 3 bedroom house and I only use one of them because I'm a single guy." I said "are you sure you want to do that on such short notice?" He didn't mind and now the crisis is averted!! AAHHH (sigh of relief)...God is good! So the interview is still on and they are excited...and now, so am I!

The other cool thing I am pumped about is that in a couple days I will be working at GMA week. The Gospel Music Association puts on this convention for all Christian music artists, agents, radio people etc. and they all meet in Nashville for an incredible week of concerts, workshops, worship sessions...and me, Sara Mitchell, gets to be a part of it!! Working and meeting incredible Christian singers and songwriters all week long:) Needless to say...WOW! My friend, Caleb Butler hooked us up with jobs for the week - THANKS! So tomorrow around 2pm, Becca Farlow, Monte Hunt, Kyle Butler, and myself will all be heading out on the road for what I hope will be a week I will never forget. Prayers for safe travel (and prayers that we don't get lost:))would be much appreciated! I'll keep you posted about upcoming plans.

No comments: