Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Verdict is In!

The glorious call came Monday of last week after I had my interview with the staff team from Southeast on Friday morning. (On a side note - we went to Cracker Barrel for a delicious breakfast (I personally recommend the Old Timers Breakfast). I met 4 members of the team and they were all fantastic!) So...back to the call! It was a call that was completely unexpected and quite frankly had me jumping around looking like a fool in front of everyone at the Nashville Convention Center. I wasn't supposed to hear any kind of news from them for about a week or 2 at the most. So, when a call came 3 days later saying they wanted me to start packing my bags to move to Kentucky...I was pumped! I actually missed the stinkin call because my phone was under the registration desk, but there was a message from Steve. Steve was the guy who hooked us up with a place to stay on our trek thru Louisville and who is incredibly cool. And now, Steve is going to be my boss! Really pumped about working with him and the rest of the team. They all seem passionate about ministering to children and I know I will learn so much from working with them.

After the interview over breakfast, Steve took us on a tour of Southeast's campus...yeah, it took over 1.5 hours! This place was unbelievable and I know for the first couple months I will just be lost in there - it's crazy! I was amazed, but at the same time humbled to know that NO ONE is going to have a clue as to who I am when I get there! With 18,000 members and 300 on staff - I will be another Suzie Q in the sea of people. I don't expect anyone of staff to know who I am except for the few that I will be working with. Nevertheless, it will be an incredible experience and I am looking forward to it.

I am waiting for the "official call" from Barbara in Human Resources and after that, I am planning to head down to find a place to live. I believe I will be starting the first of June. So PLEASE PRAY that I can find an affordable and nice place to live, PRAY that God will provide some wonderful roomates for me to live with and share expenses, PRAY that my heart will be ready to go when it's time, and PRAY that I will allow God to mold me in such a way that HE will be able to use me in ways I never thought possible! I covet your prayers during this transition time and appreciate you all:)

5 comments:

ret said...

Looks like that believing thing works after all ;)

It's been really nice having you around for a while but I just think this will be an amazing opportunity for you Sara. I'm so very proud of you and your heart and will continue to pray that God will go before you and keep you in His care. Love you!!

sara said...

God is definitely stretching my faith thru this one. Totally getting to put into practice the recent bible study theme "Believing God"! It's been a roller coaster ride (actually I think I'm still climbing the first hill!!)
Ret-it's been so good to be home and be around you again. I will definitely miss you as that lovely adopted mom/cool older sister thing we got goin on. You are an amazing woman and I pray that someday I can display as much Christ-like love and integrity as you have shown me over the years. God is still working in and thru you and has incredible plans for your precious life! Love you:)

ret said...

Thank you, Sara. We have had our share of wonderful memories through the years, huh? And it would appear, we're going to have a few more. It will be a bit weird though hearing my grandkids call you Aunt Sara. Who knew :)

sara said...

Now that is going to be sweet! Aunt Sara...ahh! I can't wait! But you know that those "nobis/mitchell" grandkids of yours are going to be beautiful and tall (probably have their own basketball team), musically gifted (maybe start the new generation of the VonTrapp Family Singers) and have great taste in clothes and hair styles. They are going to have it made! And thanks to John - they'll probably have serious issues with gas:) I apologize!

Stan said...

Sara,

nice of you to keep in touch. just kidding. i'm really excited for you. i usually go out to southeast for their leadership conference and i always love the experience. i guess God is really working through you. what an amazing opportunity for you. i have to admit i'm a little jealous, but nonetheless, i couldn't be happier for you. you deserve it. keep in touch. me and the whole fam, we love you.