Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Cincinnati Weekend

Had a great trip to Cincinnati this past Friday and Saturday. My buddy Josh and I took a little road trip to see some friends of ours. Went to the CIY Believe Conference at the Cinergy Center where my good friend Monte Hunt was playing the drums for Foundation Red. Can't even begin to tell you how amazing it was to watch him in his element...I was so proud of him. Real sad that Amy couldn't be there, but I got an extra big hug from Monte from her...so it's all good! MISS THEM SO MUCH!! It stinks sometimes living multiple states away from best friends, but the Lord always makes sure our paths cross every once in awhile.

Later that evening, drove up to Dayton to stay with my long lost college buddy...the infamous red-head, Jessica Armstrong. Haven't seen her in over two years...crazy! We stayed up til about 3 am chatting and catching up. It was a blast to recap what's been happening in our lives and to relive old college memories. I just have to say, "What were we thinking?" Sometimes we did the craziest things, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world. It was a great time! And I must say the next morning (after we had coffee), we busted out the old N'SYNC CD and jammed to our favorite tunes from the old days. Actually, I can't say the old days...we both confessed that we keep the CD in our cars still and listen every once in awhile. Real tragic and pathetic I know. So that's that. Good friends, great weekend...

5 comments:

Dan and Amelia said...

Just wanted to say that I enjoy reading your posts. Hope you are having a great day!

sara said...

thanks for finally commenting Dan Wiggins!! glad you enjoy the posts. hope you had a great trip this weekend. welcome back:)

Misty said...

I am SOOOOOO jealous! Wish I could have relived old memories with you girls. I miss you SO much!

sara said...

Misty - would have been great to have you there! I'll keep you posted on the next CCCB alumni sleepover:)

Kate said...

Hi I wondered if you might be able to help. I'm looking for an old roomate of mine names Jessica Armstrong.

She used to swing dance every night in the Cincinnati area and then moved to California in 1999. I've not heard from her since.

She was a tiny pixie type lass with short red hair. Does this sound like it could be your friend?