Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sam's Club Outing

Today, Karla and I made our usual 3-month visit to Sam's Club to buy snacks for the little kiddies on Saturday nights. To be honest, it is really my job and I drag Karla along because she is a willing soul...and a dinga-dang-dong good friend:) And this trip is no easy task. Many many preparations go into this outing...from check requisitions to borrowing John O's truck. It is not uncommon for us (basically me today) to make a complete and utter specticals of ourselves at Sam's Club with the amount of stuff we buy.

We walk in and show our club member card and proceed to the cart area. This job requires more than just an oversized cart. It's serious business folks...flatbed all the way...sometimes maybe 2! I've gotten pretty good about the route to take with these big ole honkin thangs...straight to the juice aisle. We load up about 30 4-packs of Capri Suns (basically filling up an entire flatbed). Definite all-over muscle toning exercise! Next, we head to the snack aisle and buy lots of fatty good snacks for the kiddos to eat. We've gotten into a routine which makes shopping just that more enjoyable. Only today, I was quite the spectical. I had my flatbed piled up to my eyeballs with boxes and couldn't see a stinking thing in front of me. Karla was my guide, watching out for small children and everyone else in the store found it pretty hilarious. Ha. Ha. Ha to you all. To be honest though, I was chuckling right along with them. I was a sight to see!

After loading, unloading and putting away this mass of goodies...I can finally call it a day. Whew!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

hello my friend! I prayed for you today!!