Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Wait is FINALLY Over!!

The good news is....I GOT THE JOB!!!
The bad new is...oh wait, there is no bad news!!!

I was offered the Worship/Music Ministry Assistant Position for the Elementary Ministries Team this afternoon at 3:30pm. Nothing will be official until the HR Department takes care of the details, but it is enough for me to FINALLY tell the world about my big news! I said everyone would know when I knew!

I have waited long enough for the words I heard today. I've gone over the possibilities in my mind if I didn't get the job, if I did get the job...and so on. It's been something I've wanted and prayed over for a long time. This job will be meshing two of my greatest passions. Music and Children. For me, this was a job that only existed in my dreams a couple years ago. I remember sitting at West Central Christian Service Camp and talking with my friend, Dotty Harney. We were discussing ministry struggles and in the midst of our conversations, she simply said, "Sara, you need to be a large church where you can specifically do music for kids." I thought to myself that would never happen. But through some tough seasons the past couple of years... and simply by the Hand of God, He has brought me to Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, KY where I will now be taking on the role of Worship/Music Ministry Assistant for Elementary Ministries.

I just have to sit back for a moment and say WOW God...WOW!

To look back over the course of my life the last 3 years is amazing. I see how He uprooted me from my ministry in Warrensburg with my dad having a stroke and grandpa dying, and I see Him showing me that He really wanted me in ministry. He took me through some ugly valleys to get there, but I think He gave me a taste of what life would be like if I had chosen to disobey His calling when I moved home. I mean who really wants to be a substitute teacher for the rest of their life?? Well, maybe some do, but I certainly do NOT! Those few months were wretched, but God taught me alot through those difficult times.

To be honest though, those 9 months in Quincy had some tremendous benefits. I got to spend more time with my family, and I got to hang out with John and Shawna a ton. And getting the opportunity to know my then "future sister-in-law" was well worth it. I also made some incredible friends at FUEL. I miss them all very much.

Getting older has its benefits. You do get wiser. I think it is mainly because you can look back on your life and your mistakes and see what an idiot you were at times, but more than that...you can see God's grace shining through each mistake. You learn to trust Him more and more because He proves Himself over and over. He takes your "oops" moments, heals your wounds and then fixes you up to go on and do some great things. He works through it all. I am so blessed to have a God who loves me this much. Who can take all my bad decisions and still use me in ways I never thought possible to bring glory to His name and to bring others to know Christ a little bit better.

Who am I God...that you should be mindful of me?...that you would care for me?...that you would love me? All I can say is Thank you God...thank you. And thank you all for your prayers and encouragement!

YEAH GOD!

5 comments:

ret said...

Rejoicing with you little lady!! You will rock!! Looks like we'll have to make some road trips afterall :) Congrats to you and glory to the Father who has accomplished it for you!!

Anonymous said...

No bad news! What about being hours and hundreds of miles away from your best friend? Man, you don't see me for a year and what happens? Ugh! But on the other side of it, congrats! It is good news. In my unselfish thoughts, I am ecstatic for you. I love you girl. Can't wait to visit! Now I can book my flight. Amy

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to having you in the office across the hallway from me!!!

Karla said...

What a DREAM!
I can't believe it's finally official. I'm so blessed that God brought you into my life. I ain't lyin'..it is such a dream that you get to stay.
I'm so looking forward to doing ministry with you, laughing, staying up late, laughing, movie watching, laughing, and all the fun things that are to come. Oh, did I mention laughing.
I love you. Let's be friends forever.

Mandybear said...

YEAH! I am soo happy too! Thanks for being a great friend and doing all that you do with excellence!

CANOEING ON MONDAY! WOoo HOoo!