Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Wedding of the Century!

Suppose it is my turn to post about the wedding weekend. Loretta's already posted two times and other friends are posting...and I'm family for goodness sake!! Better get on it eh? I haven't posted yet for the simple fact that I'm speechless. I don't know if words can really describe all that went on this weekend. Indescribable. Amazing really. Breath-taking. Beautiful. Holy and pure. Worship. WOW! I would say the ceremony was like nothing I have ever experienced before. Yes, the spotlight and live-camera feed as I'm coming down the aisle made me feel like I was in Hollywood, but that's not the stuff I'm talking about. I'm talking about the touches of God, HIS fingerprints that were EVERYWHERE!

From moments alone in the bride's room, circled around Shawna praying to a "toast of love" given by the bride's father...HE was all over the place. I have seen God at work in this relationship for quite some time. I still remember the night at camp when Shawna pulled John aside and they sat in the canteen area and talked and she had the guts to tell him she liked him. That girl has more courage than I will ever have - he was even dating someone at the time. But she knew...she knew and pursued (well, more or less waited for John to wise up) and the rest is history!

Top 10 Favorite Moments from the weekend:

10. Feeling like it was Christmas at the rehearsal dinner when Sha gave us the bridesmaids gifts! (pink sunglasses - hot stuff!)

9. The rehearsal that felt like a family reunion. Erin, Laura, Ricki, Jenny, Tyler, Jon, Jessica, Becca, Keith, Matt, Gil & Ang...family...they just kept coming through the door and I couldn't get to everyone fast enough.

8. Goofy pics with the girls!

7. Loretta's heart-warming, "make you want to cry" speech to us girls before the wedding. Oh wait, I did cry!

6. Teaching Max all the names of the Hollensteiner clan and then watching him score major points with the family when he remembered all their names and could pick them out of a crowd (proud of you babe)!

5. Dancing with my brother Matt towards the end of the night...most everyone was gone and I let loose!

4. Watching and listening to Loretta scream and just about loose it as Shawna's big moment arrived when she walked down the aisle. Then, of course, watching Sha, in all her beauty, slowly walk down the aisle with the sea of people rising behind her...breath-taking!

3. As Loretta put it...the circle of pink tulle surrounding Sha before the ceremony...praying for the future of the couple.

2. Taking a glimpse at the screen and seeing John's face completely covered in tears of sheer joy. Nothing compares. I was so happy for the both of them!

1. I say nothing compares to the last one...maybe this one is in its own category. Funniest moment for me was the "Dance Off" between John and my uncle Bruce. Holy Cow - HILARIOUS! Max has the whole thing recorded on his camera and I still laugh hysterically whenever I watch it. Looks like it is a tradition now - watch out world!

Many moments are still incredible and I will remember them always. Thanks for such a special weekend! :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I would have to agree about the dance off. Could.not.breathe. John is crazy and that uncle of yours was very entertaining as well. Thanks for calling tonight. Keep me posted! Love ya!