Thursday, August 09, 2007

Change

I just don't think that I can take any more change this week.

First, one of my good friends on our team resigns Monday and tells us he is moving to another team at the church. It's a good thing for him, but you can't help but be selfish and realize our team will suffer from the loss. That's just my opinion. It will take me awhile to be "okay" with this.

Second, we had an all-staff meeting called on Wednesday morning. Another "re-org" for our entire staff. It generally happens every 18 months at this church. This one aligns us with Dave's vision - it makes sense. It's just another change.

Third, our senior administrator, the awesome DW, resigned and is moving away. It saddens me. We are losing a great leader and friend...yes. But I'm more sad that my roomate will be watching her best friends and her "kiddos" move away. They are her family. Praying she doesn't move away with them:)

Too much change. I'm in overload. I know God is still sovereign. Just not able to see the final picture yet. Doubt He will give me all the answers. Eh...guess I will have to be okay with that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok so who are these people? you can't write this without us knowing who they are.. just not fair ;) if you tell us, we can grieve with you... you just have to put first names and i think i'll get it... probably =)

Anonymous said...

I'm still here..far away, but still here. I probably won't be changing too drastically anytime soon. Let's pray anyway. I love you! I'll call you after I try on my dress and you can tell me all about it.

ret said...

Changes to the good stuff in our life are never easy to swallow. And it seems the changes we'd love to make in some of the bad stuff is much slower to come some days :) Like thighs and property taxes :) I've rafted through some pretty intense changes in the last few years and know exactly what you mean. Can't imagine getting to this side of things if God wasn't such a constant. And the love of family and friends...hang in there! Besides, there's one of the biggest changes in your life headed at you in record speed! "I do!!!" Can't believe how fast it's coming! See you in a couple weeks beautiful girl!! There's a big hug with your name on it waiting for you :) and that is never gonna change!!

sara said...

thank you for that encouragement. it couldn't have come at a better time. even more change has happened over the weekend that continues to turn my world and our team upside down. pray for our sanity. pray that we will see God as the "constant" that He is and promises to be. I know He is in control, but sometimes people make decisions that baffle me.

Looking so forward to that hug that awaits me. It's gonna be a good one and a much needed one. :) love you ret!