Monday, November 07, 2005

The King and I

Went to the Kentucky Center last night for what we thought would be an incredible performance of The King and I, paid a good chunk of change for our pretty spectacular seats in Row Z (serious about that one), got our programs and awaited for the curtains to open....

In one word we can describe the whole show. It was TERRIBLE! The whole lead cast was pitiful. It was a real shame. If any of you know who Stephanie Powers is - Hart to Hart lady - well, she is now maybe 50 or 60 years old. They casted her as Anna, the schoolteacher, who is written to be a 30 year old young lady. Talk about gross! The guy who was the King of Siam was actually younger than her in real life...it was just sad my friends...just sad. I brought back the word "grotee" into my vocabulary last night when I was describing the romantic scenes...it was the only thing I could think of that could do it justice.

Even though the casting was horrible, the set, the support casting, and the orchestra were great. Good times were had in Row Z by my friends Karla and Jeff. "Can't touch this!" :)

1 comment:

Karla said...

I'm glad I got to experience it with you, my friend. Memories, memories. :)