Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Routine...What's That?

First day back to work in over a week. Took a Christmas vacation and went home to Quincy for the Holidays. Great trip, but WAY too quick! Here are some highlights...
  1. Kazoo Caroling with the Nobis Clan.
  2. Shopping with Mom for Christmas presents.
  3. Spending Christmas Eve with the family that just keeps growing!
  4. Enjoying 3 Christmas services (2 at MPCC and 1 at the Crossing).
  5. The smile I had on my face as I watched some pretty special people lead a congregation in worship Sunday morning. Just made my heart bubble over with joy to see them in their element again...love them. The Christmas Carols rocked and "it's not about the box" (2 of the many things I took home from that service).
  6. Having more presents than John to open up Christmas day :) (Only because he got a pretty expensive drill - not because mom and dad love me more...at least that's what we told him!!) hehe
  7. Watching the "scarf receivers" open up their gifts and enjoy (or at least acting like they were thankful). A lot of work(probably the beginning of long road of arthritis)...alot of hours...alot of great scarves I wish I could have kept cause I liked em so much.
  8. Listening to the countless times John made fun of my scarves and realizing that he was just jealous cause he didn't get one!
  9. Spending almost every day of last week at John and Sha's new place painting their front room. Hearing their ideas about what they're going to do with the rest of it and experiencing the excitement of it all. Must admit I'm a little jealous that he was the first of the Mitchell kids to buy a house.
  10. Meeting Bobo!
  11. Spending an evening in Macomb watching high school basketball and then eating the most delicious pizza thingy afterwards...mmmm.
  12. Taking a pit-stop on the way back to Kentucky to meet Karla's family in Centralia IL! They have an incredible Walgreens:)
  13. Having funny conversations with my buddy Ben - who will always be the one I call for a quick cheering up session!
  14. Seeing and spending some QT with buddy Neal and hearing about his upcoming adventures at The Crossing....so proud of him.
  15. All the special moments spent at home around our 4 ft. Christmas tree this year:) Just kidding mom! It was all great and I love ya!
  16. And last but not least...sleeping in my Heavenly Cloud of a Bed for an entire week!!!

3 comments:

ret said...

For what it's worth, I loved my scarf! And it looks loverly with my brown pea coat. Exactly why it's called a pea coat I don't know. I will cherish it always...as well as the estimated 3 hours it took you to make it with your pre-arthritic digits :) It was great to see you beautiful...

sara said...

Thank you for saying that you appreciated it. I know most did...didn't mean to make you feel bad about the arthritis thing. It was really a pleasure to make all of them. Otherwise I wouldn't have made like 15!! Just glad you liked it...hope it keeps you warm. Think of it as a "Neck Hug" from me everytime you wear it!! Good to see you too gorgeous!!

Mandybear said...

I love the heavenly pillow. Thanks for letting me in on your life for a brief few days. Love you girl!