Thursday, July 21, 2005

Just Taking a Moment

Thought it best to stop by the church today and catch up on emails and phone messages. Took some time to read up on my buddies' blogs and I am just amazed at how God is working in their lives. To read about all the blessings and everything He is doing just gives me warm fuzzies. It reminds me once again that He is God and that He knows His stuff (even when we doubt or question). I love Him so much!

Another week at camp is finished - felt the exhaustion a little more this week than last. The rain stopped and the heat kicked in! Thankful for the sunshine...let me tell ya! Which meant I spent a ton of time at the lake playing with the little luv dumplins. With these kids weighing about 50-60 lbs. each...I could easily blob them to heights they've never seen. Still torn with what's better 1) being cool by sending these kids flying or 2) being a "Fatty McButter Pants". Mmmm...pizza is sounding good. Better gear up for next week!

No major injuries this week. Got to dress up like an egg (Karla and I were the "Extreme Game Girls". Get it? We talked with huge southern accents and led the games. We looked ridiculous...but it was a blast! I hosed kids down with a hose for 2 hours straight on Wednesday because our Slip and Slide busted...but it was fun and got a great tan while I was at it! Received about 100 "tally marks" with the life guards (too funny - ask me later!) Headed back Sunday for ROUND 3!! Good times:)

2 comments:

ret said...

If you can make it two weeks, rain, heat, injury, exhaustion...and still refer to them as luv dumplins you have found your calling my sweet blonde sister. Have at it. Lol. Glad YOU'RE having fun though!! Miss you!!

Ryan said...

Hey Sara... that's pretty much all I wanted to say. Prayed for you today!