Saturday, July 16, 2005

A Wet One...But a Good One!

I know it sounds like I am about to write an entry about a certain bodily function, but REALLY...I'd like to take a moment to tell you how incredible the first week of camp was!
First of all, it rained every single day. But through it all we were able to see some awesome God-Stops! The rain never hindered ANY of our plans for the week. When it was time for the kids to be outside, the rain would cease to a drizzle and when it was time for us to be inside, it would POUR! It was amazing!

There were 7 decisions made for Christ this week.
We got soaked filling thousands of water balloons.
We bobbed for Spam.
We did Extreme Makeovers with Wendi & Wendall (our hilarious German characters)
I went off the Zip Line
I got Blobbed...then Double Blobbed! (a huge air-filled tube in the middle of the lake where one person sits on the edge and another person - or 2 - jumps down on the other end and sends the poor soul on the edge flying in the air) IT WAS A BLAST!!
I got thrown off a golf cart.
...oh wait! You must hear the story...

Monday night the team were launching water balloons at targets in the field - we were the targets standing still and then there were 2 golf carts driving around as well. I got bored standing, so I hopped in the cart with Jon (the dean) and we took off dodging as many balloons as we could. At one point, we were too close to the teams and they were nailing us left and right. He said, "HOLD ON! WE GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!!" And that's when it happened. I reached to the other side to grab the bar and suddenly he took a sharp turn (before I could get a grip)...and I flew out the other side and rolled like nobody's business! To an onlooker...the sight must have been shockingly hilarious (and now we laugh about it constantly), but at the time it was the scariest thing I have encountered...and extremely painful. (HOLY COW it hurt!) I rolled on my neck which brought on the most ginormous headache and then somehow, I don't know how, but I must have whacked my leg on something cause there is still a huge knot and a bruise on the front of my leg that extends the length from knee to below the calf. It's pretty let me tell ya! I try to cover it up when I go out in public, only because it looks as though I'm in an abusive relationship...and we don't need those kind of rumors to spread! :) Anyways...now we have lots of stories to tell and lots of good memories!

We leave again tomorrow for another week - this time with 2nd & 3rd graders! Should be a blast. Pray it will be a spiritually encouraging week for the campers...and for the staff!
Love to all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a great week! Minus the golf cart incident. I had a similar experience with a four wheeler once!
Well, yesterday I had day camp and tomorrow I leave for CIY... what a crazy busy summer! Have an awesome week!

ret said...

Wow...you're lucky you didn't break something!!! Glad you had fun though and that you're okay! It reads like you've been there forever...I'm so happy you're right in the thick of things! Crazy busy! Missed you at the shower...they were too cute. Love you, have fun! Be SAFE!!