Thursday, May 19, 2005

Future Dates

With so many things to do and so little time left, I look at my date book and sigh. My heart saddens when I think of how little time I do have remaining in Quincy with my friends and family, but still has some excitement when I ponder what the next year will bring.
Some things I'm looking forward to...
-2 more Thursday nights of Fuel and playing with the worship gang!
-Friday's my last day of substituting (hopefully forever!!)
-Our "Deck Party" on Saturday (praying it all gets finished in time)
-One more week of Monday night sand volleyball at the KofC (we may not win alot, but we have fun)
-Having a cookout at the Rector's house Sunday night and getting to hang with Cameryn - one of the cutest little girls ever!!
-My last Life Group outing with my girls next Wednesday (incredible group of girls whom I will miss dearly).
-The big Gus Macker weekend - who can forget that!
-Two more Sundays of worshipping with family and friends.
-Random and impromtu hang out times with friends and family.
-Lots of hugs:)
-The big move Sunday, May 29! (can't say I'm really looking forward to that right now)
-Meeting at the Welcome Center Monday morning, the 31st at 9:00am to start my internship.

(That's all that is "penciled" in right now...)

In sitting at the Bee last night talking with Ret and Pam, I spoke up about my recent fears and doubts of moving when everything is finally starting to click here in Quincy. Ret asked "so are you wanting people to talk you into staying or going?Cause I can try to talk you into either." Most weak moments I would have begged for justification and reasons to stay (heck, I've been trying to think of any reason), but there's that little voice again telling me "Go...I'm in control...trust me...this is where I've led you and want you for now". So, I shut off my thoughts and try to be still and know He is God.

3 comments:

ret said...

That voice is the bestest voice in this whole wide world and the next. He has the most amazing plans for you my beautiful, darling, Sara. Love you...

sara said...

It is encouragement like that, Ret, that gets me through the tough moments. You have no idea what that meant to me just now.

ret said...

Oh, I don't know. Something close to this young friend of mine who brought me a beautiful candle just "because" and it ended up being on a day I could really use a little light. He has made this way straight for you and He can do what He says He can do :) Believe...