Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Arrived

For my regular subscribers, I apologize for taking so long to write a new entry. Life's been hectic with packing and saying too many sad goodbyes. But I have "arrived" at my new home (at least for the next year Lord willing) in Louisville, Kentucky! Moved in last night with the Allen family (Rob and Amy and two kids Spencer-4 and Sammy-2). Met the other 10 interns at the Welcome Center this morning and had our initial orientation with Barbara and Sherry. Lots of paper work and confusion, door codes and policies...and I'm still alive. Had lunch with the elementary team (great sweet tea at McCallister's..mmm) and then back to orientation with computer tech lady, Leeta K, she was awesome! Got set up with email and my new voicemail - I sounded like a goof! Found my new desk area, not really an office, but hey it's mine...and I tracked down a chair to use! No computer, no phone, no nothing, but pens, tape, 2 staplers, 3 hole punch that belonged to a girl named Stephanie, and post-it notes. I trust my computer and phone will come later. Called it quits for the day and headed home. By the way - gas prices jumped like $.30 today....RIDICULOUS!! Hung out with Spencer and Sammy tonight - way cute! Read my New Staff Guidelines Novel and filled out more paperwork...caught up on my bloggin...and now heading to bed! Hope this finds you doing well...miss you!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Sara! I meant to find you to say bye last weekend, but it was so hectic I never got the chance:( Anyway, I'm glad to hear things are going well! I'm definately praying for you! Don't be a stranger! love ya!