Monday, May 23, 2005

Going to the Races!

I had my first experience of going to the Quincy Raceways last night. My friend's dad was racing and she invited a bunch of us to come and watch...so we went! My friend, Ben, decided he wanted to sit close "to be in the action"...okay, Ben, that sounds great! We sat in the fourth row from the track - great action spot! The cars start to come out of the pit and race around the track...a couple rounds into it, Ben started us in clapping for them (thought that's what you're supposed to do). Then my friend Jessie leans over and says "it's just their warm-up rounds". "Oh, oops"...so I look around and sure enough, no one else is clapping.

We had a good time - racing is a fun thing to watch, but next time I think I will sit up a bit higher in the stands. Oh, didn't I tell you...it was a dirt track...yeah, we were covered in dirt by the time the races finished. It was all over our faces, clothes, blankets, purses, hair...eww! And we won't mention the extreme headache and nausea part from the fumes and watching the cars go round...and round...and round. I think maybe the corn dog played a part in it to...I camped myself on the floor by the "white throne" last night. It was a glorious site!

No comments: