Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Happenings...

Seems like alot happening this week. Still filming for the Building U:Home Family Bible Study DVD, getting ready for Fall Kick-Off this weekend, saying goodbye to our most incredible volunteer and good friend, Brandon, this week before he heads off to college...it all seems to be happening at once!

With the fall kick-off comes change...change in age break-ups for worship, change in rooms, change in set-up. It seems like just when I finally started getting the hang of things around here, it changes...that's the theme around here! And you know what...I'm grateful it is the theme of this church. Always looking how to better reach out and equip those who come through our doors is an incredible mind-set to have. I'm thankful we're not stagnant and stuck in ideas from the 70s. Just my opinion. Just praying that with all the changes, everyone will get on board and realize we are looking out for the best interests of their children.

Personally, I will be switching up responsibilities on Saturday from previously leading the 2nd/3rd grade worship to leading the 3rd/4th/5th grade worship service. I'm pretty excited cause I love working with that age, but also a little nervous because it is such a large service and the kids are older. I'll have to get rid of some of the cheesiness I've been using and put on the "cool act" for the older kiddos. :) Please pray all goes well!

2 comments:

Stan said...

Hi Sara. I hadn't talked with you in awhile so I thought I'd check out your blog and leave you a note. Just saying "Hi". Well, take care! Maybe someday you can hook up with my family and we can catch up on life. Talk to you later.

ret said...

If there's one thing you do better than cheesy it's "cool". Rock on, pretty Sara and hopefully I'll catch up with you sometime this week and chat. Just getting settled into the routine from being gone for two weeks...love you!!!