Monday, August 08, 2005

Release...and Hope

These are two key words that describe my weekend at FACES of Christ. This retreat was the most intense 67 hours of my life...spiritually, emotionally and physically. Without giving away too much detail of the events, I can say it was a life-changing weekend. God poked and prodded at my heart and soul and helped me to "purge" so much junk from inside that had been harvesting itself there for years. I took many "trips to the basement" and God met me there. He revealed sins, shortcomings, horrible habits and behaviors, and issues I've never acknowledged. It was a time of Sweet Release ! I left my burdens and my sins at the feet of Jesus and He washed my spirit clean.
The Hope came Saturday night...
During a time of quiet personal devotion, I received a stack full of letters of love and encouragement from team members, friends, loved ones back home and from my sweet Savior. As I read these precious gifts, I had friends come to my room and surprise me (one after the other) and they prayed for me. I even had friends call me on the phone to pray for me. This was all a surprise to me - my team leader, Steve, orchestrated the entire thing - in kahoots with my mom...I was blessed beyond belief! Thank you to all who wrote those sweet letters of love and encouragement. These things I will cherish the rest of my life.
Through all of it, I realized the genuine love that Christ has for me...it is real and it is true. I've been ignoring this perfect love before me for so many years, and now I have been changed.
He is good...He is faithful...He is wonderful...He is all-sufficient!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Thank you for sharing. Your words are so refreshing...an encouragement and great reminder to me. I love you Sara!