Thursday, August 04, 2005

Checking In For a Moment

So I've been home for a brief 21 hour period resting up from the long stretch of camp and now am headed back out to Country Lake for a weekend retreat called FACES of Christ. I will be staying at the lodge retreat center on the other side of the lake and hopefully will be experiencing an incredible weekend of spiritual renewal...a much needed thing!

Coming home from camp yesterday was bitter sweet - body was saying YES, but heart was saying NO! It was an awesome summer full of memories and new friendships. I will have to show you all the DVD collection of all the memories when I come home - it was incredible!

Came back to read in an email that a family back in Warrensburg suffered a terrible loss this past Saturday. Luke and Lori Ford became new members while I was there, a young family with 2 young children and Lori was one of my key volunteers in children's worship. Wonderful people - sweet and willing! I received the news that Luke, 31, died Saturday after collapsing at church a week or so before. He never recovered from his unconsciousness and was announced completely brain dead about a week ago. They took him off life support last Tuesday and he passed away this past Saturday. My heart goes out to Lori and the boys and to the church family for their loss. Please keep them in your prayers.

Got an email from my dear sweet sister, Erin Shaffer, when I got back from camp. She was just checking in, but it was great to hear from her. She's been in Africa the entire summer and just returned a couple weeks ago. I love her and miss her so much. Since she went to college...our "keeping in contact" skills have diminished, but hoping that will change here very soon! Hoping Sha and the girls had a lovely time in St. Louis today (and hoping a decision was made too!)

Random entry today, but trying to condense my life the past couple weeks into one entry. I promise to get back on a regular schedule once my life gets back to normal next week! Hoping this finds you all doing well:) Blessings on your life!

1 comment:

sara said...

Sorry Cooper...I've been in and out and haven't posted on anyone's blog in weeks. I still love ya:)