Friday, August 12, 2005

Otis, My New Friend

Our Team is in the process of producing an in-home DVD bible study for families coming this fall. Every day Nevan and I have been shooting scenes at various locations in Louisville and yesterday we began filming the lesson on fear. So you may be trying to figure out what kind of illustration we would film for a lesson on fear??? Well, let's just say my new friend Otis is a tarantula:)

We set up the scene at Brandon's house. Here's the situation...Brandon and his family welcomed home his best friend from Iraq. Austin, little brother, has new pet tarantula. Otis, gets loose in the night and crawls in bed with best friend Pedro. Otis wakes Pedro up in the morning by crawling on his chest and his face. Seriously, the guy who played Pedro (his name is really Gerado, but we called him Larlo cause we couldn't pronounce it right)...he is my new hero. He played with Otis, picked him up, let him crawl all over him...crazy ridiculous!!! I about wet myself a few times during the shooting...unbelieveable!!

Then came time for the funny "behind the scenes" shots, where we all had to touch/hold Otis...I refused for awhile, but then was succumbed by peer pressure. We all went upstairs and held out our hands for Otis to crawl across...please remember we are talking about a BIG, HAIRY TARANTULA!!! Otis begins to crawl...first Austin, then Krista, then me. Krista pulls her hand away too fast and starts screaming which meant that Otis clings on to me for dear life and is dangling from my wrist. OK...seriously...FREAK ME OUT!!! I started screaming like the girl that I am and jumping and shaking...of course, scaring poor Otis out of his mind. Larlo saved the day and rescued me:) The best part about the whole thing...Nevan got it all on tape. So you may see me make an appearance in the bloopers reel!! I'll let you see the finished product someday:)

No comments: