Saturday, September 17, 2005

Missing Out

Melissa and Matt are having their pre-wedding parties tonight (aka. bachelorette/bachelor parties) and even though I'm not a big partier, I still wish I could be there with the girls. They were taking a limo out tonight and going to dinner and then of course having some "fun" after that. They called me from the limo and it was really great to hear from them, but it made me a little sad that I had to miss out on the fun.

Being here in Kentucky is great and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to learn and grow, but it's seriously the most difficult time to be away from home. I feel like I'm missing out on some wonderful things with my family. The wedding plans, the showers, the trips to the bridal stores, the sifting through bridal magazines with my future sisters...I'm missing it all. I hate that! I want to be there to experience it with them, to watch them plan for their big days, to celebrate with them, to watch them love on my brothers...just to be there to bond with them...ahh, I want it so badly!

But after teaching a lesson to the kiddies tonight about how God knows what's best for us, I trust there is a reasoning why I'm not there. Who knows why? Maybe in a few years, I'll look back and see the purpose behind it all, but until then...just gotta trust The Big Guy! Know I love ya girls...and I'd be there if I could. I'll be there for the weddings...you can bet your bottom $!!

No comments: