Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Camp or Resort?

Steve, Nevan and I headed out to camp today - Country Lake Christian Retreat in southern Indiana. Holy Cow! This place was beautiful! I think Southeast is like a co-owner of this camp - unbelieveable! Of course there is this gorgeous lake with tall trees surrounding it and a beach on one side - this is the camp side or what they refer to as the "Ranch" side. It has your normal bunk houses, dining house, snack shack and field areas. Bonus - sand volleyball courts, hotel-like pool, hammocks tied to trees all over the wooded areas and huge, fun blow-up toys out on the lake (ie - the BLOB and the ICEBERG)...Miss Sara is going to have fun this summer:)

The other side is what made my mouth drop - The Retreat Side! This place must have cost millions, but it is this beautiful hunting lodge type retreat center. For those in Quincy...reminds me alot of Stoney Creek Inn - that atmosphere. Huge ceiling with this gargantuous fireplace, cozy leather couches in the lobby...this isn't a camp...this is a resort! Crazy ridiculous, but I'll live it up for the summer! This chic is not complaining one bit;)

Seriously though...I think back to my incredible summers at Lamoine and at West Central and miss them terribly. I loved those camps and nothing will ever compare! A bit jealous that a bunch of my friends are having a terrific time at Lamoine this week with the kiddies. Have fun guys! :)

2 comments:

Misty said...

Hello sweet Sara. Just thinking of you today and wanted you to know. So glad you are getting settled there--you're in our prayers. Enjoy reading your blog--makes me feel at least semi-connected to you! Love you girl...

ret said...

Counting the cost can be quite the "sacrifice" some days...but someone has to do it ;) Glad you're finding some perks to this new adventure! Enjoy!