Saturday, June 25, 2005

Fishin Wiz

Karla, John, Brandon and I went fishing today out at Country Lake Christian Retreat (aka "the camp"). Now I haven't been fishing since I was a kid and so needless to say, I was a little rusty with my "gill skills". John was Mr. Expert and caught like 4 or 5 fish. The rest of us...not so much...truthfully, none at all!

Things I discovered while fishing...
1-push the button, fling your pole...AND RELEASE THE BUTTON(otherwise the line goes nowhere!)
2-there's alot of ooey-gooey gunk in the lake...kept getting caught on my hook.
3-fish aren't as dumb as I thought...didn't take the bait.
4-big worm on a small hook doesn't work...your worms tend to fall off. went thru 5 before I figured that one out - i'm a genius!
5-when your tired and hot...convince others that your pole is better than theirs, offer to let them borrow yours and go take a nap on a hammock in the shade. much more fun:)

1 comment:

ret said...

Still sounds like fun. And I'm glad you're having so much of it :) Will miss you today at Jess's wedding. She looked beautiful leaving our house this morning..Sha did good. Probably won't be checking this again until Tuesday...will think of you at B's ordination too sweetie pie. Have a great night tonight and a wonderful Sunday! Love you!