Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Told Not to Pray

This is a funny story...and a first I might add! We were sitting at the dinner table last night (Amy, me & the boys), when Amy asked who wanted to pray. I asked Spencer and he shook his head no and then I asked Sammy if he wanted to...again, no. Then I asked them if they wanted Mommy to pray...no. "Do you want me to pray?" "NO! You can't pray!" shouted Sammy. I said,"Well, then, who's going to pray?" "No one, I don't want to pray...we're not going to pray!!" This went on for awhile. Amy then asked if I would just pray. Sure! I started praying...Sammy started SCREAMING!! "NNNOOOOO!!" I about busted out laughing, but held it in cause she was trying to discipline him. It was such a funny & memorable moment - never in my life had someone flat out screamed during my prayer and told me not to pray:) Giggling a bit, I thanked Jesus and said a quick Amen.

3 comments:

ret said...

That's pretty funny. Did you ever figure out why he so adamantly protested your prayer contribution? Goodness. What age are we talking? Too funny.

sara said...

He's 2! I guess he just didn't want to pray and that meant no one could pray:) Funny little guy he is! He screamed so loud he couldn't even hear what I was saying...so it's not like I prayed a bad prayer...personally, i thought it was pretty good...short and sweet and to the point. I was hungry and I was ready for him to stop screaming. :)

ret said...

Lol.